Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day/Prayer Request

Hello Everyone! Hola a Todos!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! Sorry I know it is a little late, but yesterday was a busy day and the internet was almost impossible to use.
Yesterday, there was a huge festival here in Pausa. There were dancing, food, drunk people(not uncommon) and lots of music. At 3pm, there was a Christian service led by pastor Antonio for the mother's. It lasted 2 hours. Cindy and I had no clue what was going on. We just sat and enjoyed it. They made BarB'Que. It was really good. Pastor had invited everyone from each house church to come and be part of the service. About 60 people came! It was an awesome turn-out! Although there were many who did not come, it was great to have those that did. Pray that the people will be encouraged from seeing all the believers come together at one time.

I have a few prayer requests also:

1) Please pray for my grandmother on my mom's side-Mamaw. She has alzheimers and is not doing to well. I knew she was not doing well before I left, but I still felt God's leading and came. Last year, my grandfather passed away on my father's side(unexpected) and I went home for the funeral and then came back to Peru 6 days later. Although God did amazing things through that, it was a painful experience and I really don't want it to happen again. Also pray that the Lord will give me a peace about the health of my loved ones while I am here. I guess it is human nature to worry.

2) Pastor Antonio and Claudia are sick. Pastor's throat is really bothering him and he has lost his voice. Claudia has been having stomach problems for about 15 days. Please pray that they will get to feeling better. Cindy and I encouraged them to rest today and not go to Cacire. They agreed and stayed at home. Cindy gave Pastor a large bottle of hunny and tea. The tea is suppose to be good for both of them. It is some sort of herb that is grown here. Pray that the Lord will strengthen there bodies.

Thank you all so very much for your prayers and support!

Ps. Thank you for your comments! I really enjoy them!

2 comments:

TruthSeeker said...

hey Josue,
Bendiciones y paz!! May the Father richly nourish you today as you join Him in His labor in Peru.
Stay in the Word...nourish your soul and your body! I will see you next week...and hey! check out my blog:
www.allisonflyingsouth.blogspot.com
Thanks for the fantastic idea.

TruthSeeker said...

hey Josh,
I was thinking today about how wonderful it will be to be back in a housechurch environment in Peru. I hope to participate in lots of meetings, and really gain Christ from the saints there. That is something I miss about home: in Mexico, all we do is home-meetings! They are so real and organic. I think you would enjoy them...especially when we eat together afterwards. Ever notice how Jesus was always eating with His disciples when He revealed who He was? "I am the Bread of Life...I am the Vine...I am the Living Water...I am the...."
Eat Christ today.
Peace