Friday, May 18, 2007

Leaving for Lima

Hello to all! Hola a Todos!

My time here in Pausa and the surrounding areas has been just amazing! It has been good to see old friends and meet new ones. Continuing ministry here has also been amazing. I have enjoyed traveling to the villages around Pausa and assisting Cindy and Pastor Antonio with what the Lord has laid upon there hearts to do here.

Please continue to pray for the people here and for them to have a hunger and a want to know the Lord more and more. Pray that they will want more than a ritual mass. Pray that they will want to KNOW (Conocer) Jesus Christ, not just know (Saber) of Him. Also Pray that the people here will continue to be encouraged and that they will not loose sight of what the Lord is doing here in the Paucar de Sarasara region of Peru.

Well, tomorrow Cindy and I get on another one of those fun bus rides to Lima. 24 hours!!! I wonder what this bus ride will intel? If you were reading my blog last summer, you remember when I got left? Haha. That was funny. My wonderful team leader Logan, told the bus driver that all of the gringos were on the bus. Well, he forgot this gringo. We had stopped to take a bathroom break and I was trying to find a place to use the bathroom in the Middle Of Nowhere at 3 o'clock in the morning (freezing cold, 15,000 feet). Haha...I never will forget that. Good times. Good times.

Well, I ask for your prayers for Cindy and I to have safe traveling mercies and also for the Summer Team 2007 that is coming on the 21st and 22nd. They are around 45 in total I believe. Maybe more. Pray for them to get all they need to come and for there safety in travel as well.

Blessings to everybody and thanks again for all the prayers. You have no idea how much they mean!

1 comment:

TruthSeeker said...

Josuecillo,
I'm wrapping up preps here in the blustry, weird weather of Chi-town (what we call Chicago) and am super pumped about Tuesday night when I fly in to Lima. So I have a few important questions for you. 1) will I be able to purchase toiletries on the trail
2) do you know of a market in Lima where I can get an alpaca hat and gloves (indigenously made...thats the only way I wear them) and 3) should I get a ticket for Pirates...I hate going to the movies unless there is a REALLY good reason. ;)
Peace...I'll see you pronto.
Alli