Sunday, May 20, 2007

Arrived In Lima!

Hello Everyone! Hola a Todos!

Cindy and I have safely arrived in Lima. After another LONG 24 hours. We are back!
It was an eventful trip. WOW! Haha...but it was good. God definitley has a sense of humor.

We got 4 flat tires. There are always fun when you are on the side of a cliff and they are pumping the bus up to change the tire. Then you fell a big jolt when they let you down from changing it and the bus moves side to side. Lol...but we knew that God had everything under control. :)

When we arrived in Cora Cora (5 and a half hours from Pausa), we had to get off the bus. The bus driver told me bajar....segundario. I knew that bajar meant get down, but segundario didn't make sense to me because it means secondary. Well, after an hour of waiting, I began to wonder what is going on. I went and stood by one of the bus driver's and his friends. Yes...i was eavesdropping! Haha. This guy was really mad and from his fast speaking, all I could understand was that he was upset because he had been driving for a long time with no sleep. At first, I assumed that they were protesting, but once I saw the police guy come up and go behind the bus, i figured it was something else too.

Come to find out, we could not go anywhere until the bus tire was removed and a new one was put on. The police guy was boarding the bus and said that the bus could not go anywhere until the tire was changed. In my past travels, this tire looked GOOD. Well, three hours later, the bus came back and we were off to Lima.

Let's just say that Cindy and I were so glad to be back in Lima!
I went to Starbucks and Friday's today :) yum yum yum

Thank you all for your prayers! They really do mean a lot and can definitley be felt!

No comments: