Sunday, July 1, 2007

On the move again

Hello everyone!

So after a week in the touristy town of Nazca for our Reapsouth Mid-Summer Debriefing, we are waiting until 11:00pm to head back to Ayacucho city (where we started off our research). We have to go there to get to our next cluster of villages to research.

Praise the Lord for an amazing time we had in Nazca with all the other 50 some college missionaries. We got to spend time in the word, in song, fellowship, eat good food and just relax. The best part was...ENGLISH! Yay! Now don't get me wrong, I love Spanish, but there is just something about doing all those things in your own heart language. It was also amazing to see the Weaver's and the Austin's again. THose are the two missionary families here in Lima, Peru. Both families treat us all like there own and take such good care of us. THey are such a blessing!

So some prayer requests:

1) Continue to pray for my grandmother. She is not in the hospital, but when I called her this past week, she was very disoriented and could not answer my questions. The doctors are getting her medication worked out and her body just needs time to rest and work itself out. God is really teaching me how to trust in Him and increase my prayer life.

2) Well, my family has been on a braking and injuring rampage. Within this past few months, my brother has split his skull at work, my brother and sister have broken there fingers, my dad has torn something in his knee and had surgery and I just found out that my little sister broke her wrist. So...please pray for there safety, protection and health.

3) As is obvious, Satan is not happy. Ever since God called my family into the ministry, Satan has tried to stop everything. Please pray against the enemy and for relief. My mother (I can imagine) is pretty stressed having to be the one who takes care of things. (everyone else is immobile)

4) Have you ever been in the situation where you know the Lord is working, but you also know that you are in the waiting room not knowing anything? Well, I am in the waiting room right now. Honestly, it is driving me nuts. Again, the Lord is increasing my prayer life. I feel a peace about registering for classes in the fall in Miami. However, I don't have a peace about returning to the ministry I am a part of there. I don't know why, but God hasn't given me that peace. I know that if the Lord doesn't somehow show or tell me where I am suppose to be, then I will definitley be back in Miami. The Lord knows that I cannot function if I am not somehow serving Him in active ministry. My heart would love to return to Peru for whatever time the Lord desires, but all I know now is that I do not have the finances to support myself in returning. If the Lord provided, I know that the classes I need to take next semester can be done online. Then again, He might do something totally different. So, please pray for me as I am praying for myself about what the Lord would have me to do. If it is to return to Miami, then I am perfectly fine with that, if it is to return to Peru, then I am Ecstatic(!), if it is to do whatever, then fabulous! The great thing is that I have a peace about whatever the Lord will have me do. Is that weird? I just know He is in control and whatever He decides for me to do will be amazing. It may take me a while to learn that it is amazing, but He will NEver leave me or forsake me. Gosh...that was a long prayer request. THank you for reading this...I know it is long.

PS. Please know that I am praying for you all and your prayers are always felt and appreciated. :)

1 comment:

laurendru said...

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 corinthians 2:9

Let go off all your wants and desires and expectaions! The God of the Universe has a plan that no one could even imagine for you. :0

How amazing is that! After reading your prayer request this verse jumped in my mind...its been something the Lord has been teaching me...continue to say I will go (without knowing where or what), die to yourself daily,continue to surrender yourself to the One who loves you more than anyone!

your sister in christ,

.lauren.