Tuesday, July 3, 2007

God and His Curve Ball

I received an awesome e-mail from one of the missionaries here in Peru. (Mike Weaver) ANd this is what he had to say to me. Really hit home ;)

Do you like baseball? Well, how do you hit a curve? I hope you would say, "be patient and wait on it to straighten out" and then "step into it making full contact with all I have". After reading your blog I want you to begin to believe the Lord for something which might seem like "God pitching you a curve". Be patient....wait...let it come to you...step by faith into what He delivers! Make sure that it is a strike though (from Him).

This really made sense to me and I believe it with all my heart. He went on to invite me to return back to Peru next semester and serve on an ESL (English as a Second Language) team. Wow...the Lord knows that I would love to return to Peru and serve Him in any fashion He sees fit. It honestly does feel like home here to me. I am taking his invitation and bathing it in prayer.

One of the main obstacle's I see is the financial support part of it. I do not have any of the support in order for me to live in Peru from the end of August until the end of December. It's quite a large sum of money. I don't know or see how I can raise that in a little over a month and being in Peru while doing it. I do have a peace that if the Lord leads me to go, He will provide the finances.

The other obstacle is schooling. I have felt the Lord's leading in registering for classes for next semester. Which, I have already done and it is such a knock off my shoulders. All of the classes that I have registered for, I can take online via my schools virtual college program. So now, school is not an obstacle because I can take classes over the internet. And the best part is that my schooling is paid for!

I am still praying and sitting in that waiting room for God to come out and say something. So far, Peru has jumped out and that is an open door that I would love to enter if the Lord provides. You know...I am beginning to enjoy the waiting because God nurtures the heart in such and amazing way during the waiting process. God may decide to keep me in Miami. I am perfectly fine with that. I just want what He wants. First and foremost.

If anyone has any ideas, thoughts or concerns about raising support and or "the waiting room", I would love to hear them.
josuesarco7@hotmail.com

God Bless everyone!

No comments: