Sunday, July 8, 2007

Travel Update - On the move!

Hello Everyone! Hola a Todos!

So, we got to Huanca Sancos and wow was that a Long ride. I had a Quechua lady all up in my business. Imagine the smell...wow. Yep..The Lord is good!

We decided to go on to our next leg of villages (4) and then return to research the other three with the Barnabus team. We were able to research all the villages with Great Success! THe Lord placed people before us and took such good care of us all! We had to do a couple in the same day due to the fact that there are only taxi's that run in that area.

Funny Story: We were on the way to our last village to research...I was cramped in the back with a doctor from a previous village we had researched. God was saying...talk to him about me! I told God, "God, my junk is all up in this guys personal space and we barley have room to breath, much less talk!" Well, God kept on at my heart for a while. I still refused. I mean, it was just an awkward situation already. Suddenly, this guy starts talking to me. I am thinking, "this is awkward". To my supprise, he jumped right into Jesus. I was like..."WOW". Come to find out. He is a christian and the church he attends when he is in Lima is a carasmatic catholic church. He was telling me how good Jesus is and all of his favorite Bible verses were. He pulled out his bible and we began to have church. WEll, he had to get off aventually, so we asked him if he had anything that he wanted us to pray for him about. He told us to pray for his work (He got an offer in Lima-big Deal!) and for his girlfriend. They want to get married. His name is Jesus. That was kind of Ironic! Well, I learned that no matter what the circumstance, I can still talk about Jesus. Even if you are stuck in the back of a taxi and you business is all up in someone elses business.

We are now in Nazca again. We found out as we were going to an anex to catch another village to head back to Huanca Sancos, that there might not be one. There was no place to stay, so the driver suggested to continue down about another 45 minutes to Palpa (a town on the pan american) and wait there. We decided to go on to Nazca (30 minutes away) and head on to Puquio. WE are getting on a bus at 12:30am and will arrive around 4am. We seem to always get the EARLY or LATE routes. Oh well...the Lord is still good!

Continue to pray for my team and I. We have 9 villages left to research and then we will be back in Lima to write up our reports from this summer and make advocacy books for the regions we researched.

Also please continue to pray for the Lords direction in my life for next semester. I want to accept the amazing offer that I received from Mike Weaver (IMB missionary), but I still havn't felt the Lord's GO on it yet. I have also not received any more word about support as of yet.

Thank you all for your prayers and I look forward to letting you know what the Lord is up to here in Peru!

GOd Bless you all!

1 comment:

hot2sail said...

the most amazing thing to me josh is that in the middle of nowhere...you can continuously publish and update your blog and keep us attentive readers informed about things a world away...you should always know you are in our hearts mind and prayers.....