Monday, June 18, 2007

Urgent Prayer Request

Hello to all my faithful Prayer Partners...

I just received word that my grandmother is in the hospital with a fever and is having a very hard time breathing. Her name is Mona Hodge. Please pray for her health and for my family.

For those of you who don't know. Last summer, my grandfather on my father's side passed away unexpectingly. My grandmother on my mother's side was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's after already having a bipolar disorder. My heart has been troubled thinking about "what if".

I so terribly do not want to be out of the country again when one of my dear loved ones pass away. Last summer, the Lord led me home for the funeral and led me back to Peru to finish the work He called me to do last summer. I have been praying even before I left the country for the same situation not to happen again.

As you can imagine, my heart is troubled and burdened. I ask you to pray for my grandmother first and foremost, my family second and for me to remain focused thirdly. My team and I are suppose to leave tomorrow on another research trip and I feel as now I could not emotionally handle it.

4 comments:

Familia Castro said...

hei Josh,

Eu quero te dizer que ja estou orando pela sua avo, sua familia e voce. Mas quero que voce saiba que nosso Deus esta no controle de todas as coisas e que todas essas coisas contribuem para o bem dos que confiam nele e vivem segundo o seu proposito.
Voce tem vivido no proposito de Deus para voce. Tens ouvido a voz de Deus e feito a vontade de Deus.
Então descanse nEle, confie somente! "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Love you
Tia Céa

TruthSeeker said...

Josh,
estamos orando por ti...Que Cristo sea tu luz, tu fortaleza, tu PAZ. Que Cristo sea el arbitro de Paz en tu corazòn. Te quiero mucho y te mando un abrazo.
Feliz Cumpleaños hermano mio...
que este año te llene de ricas bendiciones.
Tu consierva
allison

hot2sail said...

what would ms. mona have you do.. would she fuss and say stay there? or would she want you to miss out on your call... don't want it to sound cruel josh but you are there for a reason.,.. sometimes especially where you can do nothing anyway its best to continue forward though your heart is deeply anxious and let God work in His way and His time... remember jesus didnt go to Lazarus or the girl until everyone thought it was wayyyy tooooo late.. Remember with God - we will see our loved ones again..its never too late - very hard to do to continue the journey but i pray it will be a blessing both to you and those you serve for eternity..i know this prob wasnt the advice you were seeking but life isnt easy and some decisions are much more difficult than others.. God Speed on your travels..i think your family would understand...yours is a higher calling than most !!!!! love ya & MISS YA !!!! Gary Wallace

hot2sail said...

PS... HAPPY BIRTHAY !!!!!! Mines Today ! - yea dont ask (46) and some morning getting up feels a lot like those cacti..LOL - we will still pray for ms. monas health but continue forward -untroubled and unburdened.. the load is for christ alone.. yours is but to serve.. good luck.. I think you will be blessed in more ways than you can count.